Your AODocs subscription grants you a certain number of licenses. These licenses are automatically assigned to the users, based on their activities.
Learn more: Manage your AODocs subscription.
A license is assigned to a user when the user:
- accesses a library homepage, a library view or a document page (even in read-only) in the AODocs user interface
- modifies the domain or library configuration via the AODocs administration interface or via the AODocs application programming interface (API)
- opens a document managed by AODocs in Google Drive (even in read-only)
Note: If a user accesses an AODocs document in Google Drive in read-only, the license isn't assigned immediately. AODocs detects it by periodic analysis of Google Drive accesses.
- creates a document in an AODocs library by sending an email to the library
- reads or updates a document via the AODocs API (for example by using a custom-built user interface accessing the AODocs API, or using an AODocs add-on like the AwesomeTable connector)
Learn more: New Google Sheets Add-on: Turn your AODocs content into customizable displays with AwesomeTable
Note: Users who log into AODocs without accessing any libraries or documents don't use a license.
AODocs licenses are assigned to the users of your domain and external users. AODocs licenses are automatically removed from the users only when the user is deleted from your G Suite domain.
Important: If you release a user license, this user is no longer considered as an AODocs user. They therefore won't be able to log back in and consume a new user license.