Your AODocs subscription grants you a certain number of licenses. These licenses are automatically assigned to the users, based on their activities, as detailed below in this article.
Learn more here: Manage your AODocs subscription
A license is assigned to a user when:
- a user accesses a library homepage, a library view or a document page (even in read only) in the AODocs user interface;
- a user modifies the domain or the library configuration via the AODocs administration interface or via the AODocs API;
- a user opens a document managed by AODocs in Google Drive (even in read only).
Note: If a user accesses an AODocs document in Drive in read-only, the license won't be immediately assigned. AODocs detects it by periodic analysis of Google Drive accesses.
- a user creates a document in an AODocs library by sending an email to the library;
- a user reads or updates a document via the AODocs API (for example by using a custom-built user interface accessing the AODocs API, or using an AODocs add-on like the AwesomeTable connector).
Learn more here: New Google Sheets Add-on: Turn your AODocs content into customizable displays with AwesomeTable
Note: Users who only log into AODocs without accessing any library or document do not use a license.
AODocs licenses are assigned to the users of your domain and external users. AODocs licenses are automatically removed from the users only when the user is deleted from your G Suite domain.