Team Folder libraries are visible in Google Drive and owned by your company. End-users can add new files and modify sharing permissions just like they do in regular Google Drive folders.
To share Team Folder files or folders in Google Drive:
1. Select the item you want to share and press Edit file permissions.
2. Alternatively, you can:
- open a Google file and press the Share button in the top right corner of the Google editor
- open a file in the Google Drive file editor and select Permissions in the Smartbar menu
Important: The Permissions option is available only for library administrators and if in the library security:
- the library Permission Propagation is set to Flexible permissions, and
- only administrators can change permissions
Learn more Configure your security settings.
3. In the Share with others pop-up, select who you want to share the files with.
Note: Depending on the Google Drive sharing policy defined by your G Suite administrator, you may not be able to share files outside your domain or organizational unit.
4. Set the permission for the users you have chosen:
- Can edit
- Can comment
- Can view
5. Press Send.
Learn more: Share files from Google Drive.