To enable external users to access your AODocs library, follow two steps.
Step 1: Contact the super administrators of your domain. They can whitelist individual users, domains or Google groups.
Learn more: Manage external users
Step 2: Once your external users have been whitelisted, add them in the library security interface.
Learn more: Configure your library security settings
Note: In our example,
- the administrator of the AODocs library is Bob, email@example.com
- the external user who doesn’t have any AODocs account and wants to access Caroline’s library is firstname.lastname@example.org
Two options are available to share your AODocs library:
|In Team Folders or Secured Folders|
|In all types of library|
The external users have to access the AODocs user interface. They must follow the link and accept the permissions required to access AODocs library homepage.
Learn more: Access an AODocs library as an external user
In Team Folders or Secured Folders
1. Select Administration > Library security.
2. In the Root folder permissions tab, enter the email address of the external user and press Add.
3. Define the external user's permissions.
4. If required, select the checkboxes:
- Push to every user’s My Drive
- Notify users via email
- Prevent viewers from downloading, copying and printing
A green bar appears on the top of the page when the notification has been sent by email to users.
Add an external user to your library and send them a notification
Below is the email notification that the external user receives:
In all types of library
Copy the URL of your AODocs library and send it manually to your external user by email or chat.
Below is an example of an email notification that the external user could receive:
Individualized email sent to your external user