Attachments are files stored in Google Drive, owned by the storage account of the library. Attachments are elements of an AODOcs document.
This article explains how to upload attachments to your AODocs documents.
|Upload attachments from the AODocs document page|
|Upload attachments by drag and drop in Secured Folders and Team Folders|
|Upload attachments by drag and drop in Document Management libraries|
Upload attachments from the AODocs document page
Note: This feature applies only to non-Google files.
When you upload a new version of a non-Google attachment, you must choose to keep the current version or to overwrite it. Learn more: Understand the AODocs version control system.
1. Open an AODocs document in any type of library.
2. In the sidebar, press the Upload button next to a non-Google attachment. In Document Management libraries you can also access attachments in the Properties panel, under Attachments.
Important: You can't upload new versions of attachments when you are editing the properties of the document.
Uploading a new version of a non-Google attachment in a Document Management library
The upload option is also available from the More actions menu next to the non-Google attachment.
4. Select one of these options in the Upload pop-up:
Replace existing attachment: the uploaded file replaces the existing attachment; a new version of the document is not created
Create a new version of the existing attachment: a new version of the document is created with the uploaded file as a new version of the document
5. Press Choose file to select the file to upload.
6. If you chose to create a new version of the existing attachment in step 4, enter a name and a description for your new version.
Note: You can’t use the same name as another version of the document.
7. If you chose to replace existing attachment in step 4, you can press the Upload button directly without entering a version name and description.
Any new version of the file you upload must have the same Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) type as the previous version. For example, you can upload a Word document only to update a Word document.
Upload attachments by drag and drop in Secured Folders and Team Folders
Upload attachments by drag and drop in Document Management libraries