This article explains how to:
|Locate files in your standard Google Drive|
|Search for files from Google Drive|
|Find where your current Google file is located in Google Drive|
|Locate files in Google Drive with the AODocs Smartbar|
Locate files in your standard Google Drive
Search for files from Google Drive
1. In Google Drive, enter a keyword in the search bar and press Enter. A list of files and folders matching your keyword search appears.
2. Select a folder or any type of file. The path is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
3. You can also select a folder or a Google file, right-click and select Locate:
- the path of the selected item is indicated above the list of files and folders
- the folder where the file is located opens
Find where your current Google file is located in Google Drive
1. In your Google file (Docs, Sheets, Slides or Drawings), select File.
2. Select Document details.
Locate Google files in Google Drive with the AODocs Smartbar
As an AODocs user with the AODocs Smartbar installed, you can locate Google files in the Google editor using the breadcrumb on the top of the screen.
When you open a file in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or Drawings you can:
- click on any segment of the path displayed in the header to open the corresponding folder in Google Drive
- press the Open in AODocs button to open the file in AODocs
Note: The Breadcrumb isn't available for non-Google files.