Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents in your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
A Team Folder library is integrated in Google Drive. Team Folders are created in the Google Drive interface.
Note: This article describes how to create a Team Folder from scratch.
- In Google Drive, you can also transform an existing Google Drive folder in a Team Folder. Learn more: Transform a Google Drive folder into a Team Folder.
- In the AODocs interface, you can also copy a Team Folder or create a Team Folder from a template. Learn more: Create a library by copy, Create a library from a template.
Important: Only library creators can create a new library. This role is defined and managed at the domain level by AODocs super administrators. Learn more: Manage library creators.
1. In Google Drive, open the library picker.
2. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, select New Team Folder.
3. In the New AODocs library pop-up, enter the name of your new Team Folder.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but the library name must be unique (two libraries can't have the same name).
4. Select the storage account for your Team Folder.
Note: If you have only one storage account configured on your domain, it is selected by default. If several storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list of available storage accounts. Learn more: The AODocs storage account
5. Press Create.
A success message appears when the library is created.
6. Access your Team Folder:
- by press the link in the success message
- through the library picker
- in your My Drive
You're now ready to start using your Team Folder. Learn more: Next steps with your first Team Folder.