When configuring a worfklow, library administrators also define workflow validators. These are users who can perform manual workflow actions. They can move a document from one workflow state to another one and leave a workflow transition comment.
Learn more: What are workflows?
To perform a workflow action on a document:
1. Open a document in AODocs as a workflow validator.
2. Select the workflow action you want to perform from the workflow drop-down menu.
- The workflow menu isn't displayed if you have no workflow actions to perform on the document.
- The workflow menu is grayed out if there are mandatory properties that aren't filled in, if there are properties with invalid values, or if the document has been checked out manually.
3. In the Perform workflow action pop-up, you can enter a comment related to your workflow action.
Note: Comments can be optional or mandatory.
4. Press Submit.
4. Once you have submitted the workflow action:
- the workflow state is updated (if all validators have completed the workflow transition)
- you can see all workflow transitions and comments in the Properties panel of the document, in the pop-up on the right
5. If several people need to validate a workflow action on the document, select Workflow validators from the workflow menu to check who has validated the document.
The Workflow transition status pop-up opens. It displays all validators of the parallel validation action and sorts them into two groups:
- the validators who have not yet validated the document
- those who already have