As a library administrator, you can configure and manage roles in a library.
Learn more: What are roles?
|Create a custom role|
|Edit the properties of a role|
|Define the members of a role|
|Delete custom roles|
Create a custom role
Note: Custom roles are specific to the library and are not visible to other libraries.
1. Open the library administration interface.
2. Select Roles.
The list of roles contains the predefined library roles:
The custom roles are listed below the predefined roles.
Learn more: What are permissions in AODocs?
3. Press the add button at the top right of the list of roles.
4. In the Add role pop-up enter the name of the new custom role and, if required, a description.
5. Press Save.
Edit the properties of a role
1. Open the More actions menu next to the role you want to edit.
2. Select Edit role properties.
3. In the Edit role pop-up, you can edit the name of custom roles and the role description.
Note: You can't edit the names of predefined library roles.
Define the members of a role
1. In the list of roles, press the name of a role. The Access list is displayed, showing the members of the role.
Tip: You can use the breadcrumb to navigate back to the list of roles.
2. Press the add button in the top right of the list and select one of the following options:
- Add users or groups:
Enter names or email addresses of individuals or Google Groups in your domain, then press Save.
AODocs supports nested groups, so if you select a Google Group with nested groups, the members of the nested group will be members of the role).
- Add person field:
This option is used when the members of the role need to be different for each document. You can add document system properties or custom properties with a Person type field to a custom role.
If you want to add a document system property:
- Leave the default setting Any class.
- Choose a document system property:
- Document creator: when users create documents in the selected class, they become members of the role.
- Last update author: the last users to edit documents are members of the role.
If you want to add a custom property:
- Select a document class.
- Select one of the Person type properties defined in the document class you selected. All users specified in the selected properties of documents are members of this role. For example, if Caroline is defined in the property "Attorney in charge" on a "Contract" document, Caroline will belong to the role "Contract validators" for this contract.
Learn more: Edit document properties
Note: The Add Person option isn't available for predefined library roles.
- Add everybody:
Select this option to add to this role all the members of the Readers, Contributors and Administrators roles.
3. If required, you can mark for delete any existing members of the role.
4. Press Save in the top right of the screen.
Delete custom roles
Note: You can't delete predefined library roles.
1. Open the More actions menu next to the custom role you want to delete.
2. Select Delete.
3. Press Yes in the confirmation message (or No to cancel).