The AODocs Retention Module is a feature of the AODocs Document Management Platform, included in the AODocs Application Platform license level. It allows you to automate the retention and disposal of the documents stored in your AODocs libraries.
|Install the G Suite Marketplace Module|
|Create Retention super administrators|
|Access the AODocs Retention Module|
|The AODocs Retention Module User Interface|
To install the AODocs Retention Module:
- AODocs must be installed on the domain where the libraries needing retention are located
- your G Suite domain must be registered in the AODocs Retention Module database with a valid expiration date - contact your personal Sales Representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- you need to define the value of your Basic Offset field, which is defined at the domain level and used to calculate the date when retention begins for your documents - contact your personal Sales Representative or send an email to email@example.com
Install the G Suite Marketplace App
Note: You must be a G Suite super admin to install the G Suite Marketplace App.
1. Access the G Suite Marketplace App AODocs Retention Schedule on Google Apps Marketplace.
2. Press Install App.
3. Press Accept to grant the required permissions.
You can see the G Suite Marketplace App AODocs Retention App in your G Suite domain administration console in Apps > Marketplace apps:
Create Retention super administrators
If required, you can set up a Google group that allows users who aren't AODocs super administrators to access the AODocs Retention Module as super administrators. Configure this Google group to accept emails coming from other domains.
1. Go to Google groups (https://groups.google.com/). Alternatively, open the Google Apps Launcher and select Groups.
2. Create a new Google group or open a Google group you own.
3. Add the required members.
4. Select Permissions > Basic permissions.
5. In the Post drop-down menu, select Anyone on the Web.
6. Press Save.
Access the AODocs Retention Module
You can access the AODocs Retention Module if you are:
- an AODocs super administrator
- an AODocs libraries administrator
- a Retention super administrator
1. Follow the link to the AODocs Retention Module.
2. Sign in using your Google account.
3. Press Allow to grant the permissions required by the AODocs Retention Module: View your email address and View your basic profile info. These permissions are required by the AODocs Retention Module to authenticate users accessing the module, using their Google account.
The AODocs Retention Module User Interface
There are several tabs:
- Active libraries - lists your active libraries
- Pending libraries - lists your pending libraries
- Retention schedules - lists your current retention schedules
- Reporting - allows you to generate various retention reports for libraries in your domain
- Lock / Unlock documents- allows you to unlock and relock documents pending deletion. Unlocking a document gives edit rights to contributors.
To set retention schedules with the AODocs Retention Module, you need to: