There are two components to retention in AODocs:
- G Suite Marketplace App AODocs Retention App
- AODocs Retention Module
|Install the G Suite Marketplace App|
|Administrators of the AODocs Retention App|
|Create Retention super administrators|
|Access the AODocs Retention Module|
|The AODocs Retention Module User Interface|
To install the AODocs Retention App and Module:
- AODocs must be installed on the G Suite domain where the libraries needing retention are located
- The AODocs Retention Module must be enabled for your G Suite domain - contact your AODocs Sales Representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- you need to define the value of your Basic Offset field, which is defined at the domain level and used to calculate the date when retention begins for your documents - contact your AODocs Sales Representative or send an email to email@example.com
Install the G Suite Marketplace App
Note: You must be a G Suite super admin to install the G Suite Marketplace App.
1. Access the G Suite Marketplace App AODocs Retention App on G Suite Marketplace.
2. Press Install App.
3. Press Accept to grant the required permissions.
View and manage the files in your Google Drive
The AODocs Retention App needs to delete Google Drive files scheduled for deletion. It also needs to permanently delete these files from the library trash.
View your email addresses
This permission is required by the AODocs Retention App to authenticate users accessing the AODocs Retention Module user interface, using their Google account
View your basic profile info
This permission is required by the AODocs Retention App to authenticate users accessing the AODocs Retention Module interface, using their Google account.
You can see the AODocs Retention App in your G Suite domain administration console in Apps > Marketplace apps:
Administrators of the AODocs Retention Module
The AODocs Retention Module has three types of administrator:
- AODocs super administrators: configured in the AODocs domain administration interface
- Library administrators: configured in the library administration interface in AODocs libraries
- Retention super administrators: configured as members of a specific Google Group - learn more: Create Retention super administrators
Create Retention super administrators
To define a list of AODocs retention super administrators, you can set up a Google group and populate it with users to whom you want to grant the AODocs retention super administrator role. Configure this Google group to accept emails coming from other domains.
1. Go to https://admin.google.com.
2. Select Groups.
3. Create a new Google group or open a Google group you own.
4. Under Manager users in [Name of group] add the required members.
5. Under Access Settings select Basic permissions.
6. In the Post drop-down menu, select Anyone on the Web.
7. Press Save.
Access the AODocs Retention Module
You can access the AODocs Retention Module if you are:
- an AODocs super administrator
- a Retention super administrator
- an AODocs library administrator
1. Follow the link to the AODocs Retention Module.
2. Sign in using your Google account.
3. Press Allow to grant the permissions required by the AODocs Retention Module:
- View your email address
- View your basic profile info
These permissions are required by the AODocs Retention Module to authenticate users accessing the module, using their Google account.
The AODocs Retention Module user interface
The AODocs Retention Module has several tabs:
- Active libraries - lists your active libraries
- Pending libraries - lists your pending libraries
- Retention schedules - lists your current retention schedules
- Reporting - allows you to generate various retention reports for libraries in your domain
- Lock / Unlock documents - allows you to unlock and relock documents pending deletion. Unlocking a document gives edit rights to contributors.
To assign retention schedules using the AODocs Retention Module, you need to: