The “Relations” feature enables you to link different documents associated to the document you are editing. These documents are called “related documents” and can be of the same or a different document class. Displayed in the document’s properties panel, these related documents are a way to centralize documents on a specific subject.
- The "Relations" feature is not available in Team Folder libraries.
- Only administrators can create and configure relations.
Learn more here: Configure document relations
As a user, you can:
|Open related documents|
|Create related documents|
|Add related documents|
|Remove related documents|
Open related documents
Important: You can access the “Relations” panel only if the administrator has configured at least one relation for this document.
By default, related documents are visible and displayed under the "Relation name" panel.
To open a related document, click on the button "Open in a new tab" .
Create related documents
1. To create a new related document, click “New”.
2. Select the “Create related [Relation name]” action.
A new related document is created and linked to the document you are viewing.
Add related documents
You can add related documents to an existing document. You can add as many related documents as you want.
1. Click the “Edit” button of your document.
2. Select the “Relations” panel in which you want to add the related document.
3. Click the “+” button.
4. Search for the document you want to add and select it in the search results list.
5. Click “ADD SELECTED ITEMS”.
The added documents are listed in the “Relations” panel.
Remove related documents
1. Click the “Edit” butto of your document.
2. Select the “Relations” panel in which you want to remove a related document.
3. Click the closing cross corresponding to the related document to remove.
Note: This action removes only the link between your document and the related document.
4.Click the “Save” button.