As an end-user, you can use the Google Drive feature Add to My Drive to add any folder and file you can access in your browsing tree (under your My Drive).
This Google Drive feature also applies to items managed by AODocs. AODocs libraries, subfolders and documents can be added to your My Drive.
– You can add subfolders only in Team Folder or Secured Folder library.
– You can add any files managed by AODocs to your My Drive, regardless of the type of library.
Important: For a Team Folder library or a Secured Folder library, administrators can automatically push a whole library to the My Drive of all users. In this case, end-users can’t remove the library from their My Drive, but they can organize the library in their My Drive.
|Add a folder managed by AODocs to your My Drive|
|Add a file managed by AODocs to your My Drive|
|Organize your files and folders in your My Drive|
Add a folder managed by AODocs to your My Drive
1. Select a library from the AODocs library picker.
The AODocs library opens and the library name appears in the breadcrumb. The subfolders are displayed in the view.
2. Check the breadcrumb:
- Shared with me > Name of the library: the library isn't added to your My Drive and you can add it.
- My Drive > ... > Name of the library: the library is already added to your My Drive, you can’t add it a second time. (The breadcrumb displays the location of your library in your My Drive.)
3. To add the library to your My Drive, press the library name in the breadcrumb and select Add to My Drive.
4. If you want to add a subfolder to your My Drive, right-click the folder name and select Add to My Drive.
You can access the added items in your browsing tree on the left.
Add a file managed by AODocs to your My Drive
1. Select a library from the library picker.
The AODocs library opens and the library name appears in the breadcrumb. The subfolders and files are displayed in the view.
2. Add your folder:
- If you are in a view: Select a file, right-click and select Add to My Drive.
- If you have opened a Google file in the Google editor: press the Add to My Drive button.
- If you have opened a non-Google file in the Google Drive preview: press the Add to My Drive button.
Organize your files and folders in your My Drive
Once a file or folder managed by AODocs is added to your My Drive, you can organize them under your personal My Drive structure.
1. You can move a file or folder within your personal folders of your My Drive using drag-and-drop.
– You can’t move a library or its subfolders into another AODocs library.
– You can move a library to a personal folder.
2. You can add a file or folder to several locations of your My Drive using one of these methods:
- Right-click > Move + Ctrl key
- Drag + Ctrl key + Drop
Learn more: Add files or folders to different locations.
– You can't add a file or folder to more than one location in AODocs, whether in the same or different libraries.
– You can store a file or folder in only one AODocs folder and any Google Drive folders you want.