When working in an AODocs library in Google Drive, you can create new Google files and, if you have the Smartbar installed, you can also create Microsoft Office files.
|Create Google files|
|Create Microsoft Office files|
Create Google files
Create Google docs, presentations and spreadsheets
When working in an AODocs library in Google Drive, you can create Google docs, spreadsheets and presentations in exactly the same way as you would in Google Drive without the Smartbar.
Press the New button and select the type of file you want to create. You can also create folders. Learn more from Google Help.
Manage other Google formats and connected apps
You can't create other Google files such as Drawings and Forms when working in an AODocs library in Google Drive. You need to create these types of file from standard Google Drive folders, and then import them into AODocs.
1. In Google Drive, open a standard folder (not an AODocs library).
2. Press the New button and select More in the drop-down menu.
3. Select the type of Google file you want to create or a connected app.
Create Microsoft Office files
If you have the Smartbar installed, you can create Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) directly from the Google Drive interface.
1. In Google Drive, press the New button.
2. In the drop-down menu, select the type of Microsoft Office file you want to create.
3. In the window that opens, enter the name of your new file and press Create.
4. When the file is created, it is listed in Google Drive.
It opens automatically in the dedicated Office application.
Note: If UFO is installed and activated, files are created with the Smartbar but opened and edited using UFO.