To add new files and folders to Team Folder libraries, use the same method as you use when adding files to regular Google Drive folders.
|Upload files and folders from your computer|
|Import files and folders from Google Drive|
|Import Google files|
Upload files and folders from your computer
You can drag and drop files and folders from your computer into a folder in a Team Folder:
You can also upload local files or folders from a file picker.
1. Access your destination folder using the library picker or your My Drive’s structure.
2. Press New.
3. Select File upload or Folder upload.
4. Select the files from your computer in the pop-up.
5. Press Open to upload them.
Import files and folders from Google Drive
To import files and folders from Google Drive, drag and drop your item from your My Drive or Shared with me to your destination library folder.
When your file is imported to the Team Folder:
- the ownership is transferred to the storage account of the library
- it is automatically shared with all the users who have access to the Team Folder
- all previous permissions on the file are kept if the library is configured with flexible permissions
To import files and folders, you can also press the Smartbar button Import into AODocs. When using this button:
- End-users and library administrators can import files and folders but are these restrictions apply:
* they can import only files they own
* they can't import more than 10 folders and 100 files
- AODocs super administrators can import files and folders without any limitations
Import Google files
You can import Google files such as Google Docs, Sheets and Slides directly from their editor interface.
1. In the document editor, press Import into AODocs.
Note: The Import into AODocs button doesn't appear on files belonging to a Team Drive.
2. A pop-up opens. Select the destination library you want to import the file into and the location (root folder or subfolder).
3. The file is imported in the library. The owner becomes the storage account and its location changes to the location you chose.