AODocs Mail Sender is an AODocs connector that allows you to send AODocs documents to users by email. Recipients can be users on your domain or external users. You can send documents from any type of AODocs library: Team Folders, Secured Folders and Document Management libraries.
– You must be a G Suite admin on your domain to install AODocs Mail Sender.
– You must be an administrator of your library to use AODocs Mail Sender.
Deploy AODocs Mail Sender to your domain
1. Follow the link to the AODocs Mail Sender app on the G Suite Marketplace.
2. Select one of Domain install to deploy AODocs Mail Sender to all users in your domain.
3. Press Continue.
4. Select the required domain.
Note: If you have only one domain, it's selected by default and there are no options in the drop-down list.
5. Select the checkbox to agree to the Terms of Service for AODocs Mail Sender and G Suite Marketplace.
6. Press Accept to grant the following permissions:
|View your email address||???|
|View your basic profile info||???|
A confirmation message opens, indicating that AODocs Mail Sender is installed. Press Done.
All users on your domain can now launch AODocs Mail Sender.
DO I NEED TO INSTALL THE STAGING VERSION AS BOB, MIKE, ETC.?
2. Press Install app.
Create a Custom Script
To plug an AODocs library to this service, the better way is to start from an example custom script [ADD LINK]
BETTER THAN WHAT? IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE? DO WE NEED TO DESCRIBE IT?
At the top of the example Custom Script there is required import, please copy-past them in your library configuration. Once added to your library, you can configure this CustomScript depending on your aim.
DO I COPY PASTE THE WHOLE THING OR JUST THE LINES BEGINNING WITH import ?
WHAT TYPE OF CUSTOM SCRIPT DO I NEED TO CREATE? VIEWER ACTION?
In the retrieved CustomScript there is sample of different way to configure call to the API of AODocs Mail Sender. There is 4 ways:
- Set static values (like url, fromEmail)
- Get values from the variable document (like body)
- Get values from the document’s fields (like subject, Recipients)
- Set to null to use default values (like pdfHeader, pdfFooter, pdfWatermark, etc.)
NOT SURE WHAT THE RETRIEVED CUSTOM SCRIPT IS. THE COMPILED CUSTOM SCRIPT?
AODocs Mail Sender uses the permission of the user who executes the Custom Script. To grant more permissions, run the script As Administrator. This can be useful if the setting Prevent viewers from downloading, copying and printing is applied to the library.
AS ADMINISTRATOR OF THE LIBRARY? YOU HAVE TO BE LIBRARY ADMIN IN ANY CASE DON'T YOU?
OR SUPER ADMINISTRATOR??? OR G SUITE ADMIN???