This article gives you a methodology on how to migrate your existing Google Drive folder structure used as a shared folder to an AODocs Team Folder library.
- Create your Team Folder.
- Apply the security settings to your libraries.
This step is extremely important and should be performed before any import launch.
- Review, clean and structure of the folder organization in Google Drive you want to migrate prior to the import.
Assessment tool: Drive explorer
- As an AODocs super administrator, import your cleaned folder structure from Drive to AODocs.
- Monitor your migration progress.
- When the import is finished, you can import another set of folders.
- At the end of your migration, if you want to apply the library permissions to all folders and documents, you can perform a check ownership at the library level. If you do not perform the check ownership, the permissions will remain the same as set before the import.
- We recommend to wait for an import to be finished, before to launch a new one. If you launch too many migrations at the same time, you can slow your migration process.
- We recommend to disable the Google Drive sync tool when you perform these migrations.
- Don't forget to ask your users to install the AODocs Smartbar. Or you can also install it for them.