The retention period is the time after which a deleted file is permanently removed from the library trash. The retention period begins at the moment the file is deleted, i.e. when the file is put in the library trash. When a file has been in the library trash for the number of days defined in the retention period, the file is permanently removed from the AODocs library within 24 hours.
1. In the Google Drive interface, open an AODocs library where you are defined as a library administrator.
2. Click on the gear button and select Security center.
3. In the Security center window, select the General tab.
4. By default, files are retained in the library trash for a period of 30 days. You can choose to never remove files from the library trash automatically: select the appropriate radio button next to Trash retention.
5. If you want to set up a different retention period for your documents, you must set it up in the library administration interface. Learn more here: Manage the retention period of deleted documents.
Note: If you set up a retention period different from 30 days, the security center window in the Drive interface will still display 30 days. However, the retention applied to the library is always the one displayed in the library administration interface.