Users can create a new version of a document:
- manually, in the Versions panel
- by check-in, after making modifications on a draft
As a library administrator, you can force the version names of documents to be numbers in Secured Folder libraries and Document Management libraries.
Note: This option isn't available for Team Folder libraries.
1. Open the library administration interface of a Secured Folder library or a Document Management library.
2. Select the class you want to configure under Document classes.
3. Select the Security tab.
4. Select the Force numbers for version names option.
5. Save your changes.