To create a new document class:
2. Select Document classes.
2. Press Add new value and enter the name of your new document class.
3. Press Enter.
3. If required, add a description in your newly created document class.
Note: The description is optional and is visible from the library administration only.
4. Select the Default checkbox if you want your new document class to be the default class of the library.
- Any new document created from the Google Drive interface is assigned the default document class.
- Importing emails into AODocs from Gmail using the Smartbar creates a document assigned to the default document class.
5. If you need to remove a document class from a library, press Delete.
Important: You can't delete a document class that contains documents. To delete the class, first delete all the documents of this class and then delete these documents from the AODocs trash under Deleted documents in the library administration interface.
6. You can create a view in one click from the document class configuration. The simple view always contains the columns Title, Last update and Last update author.
7. To enter the configuration of your newly created document class, press its name (in our example, Customer).
8. The Document classes configuration interface has the following tabs:
- Parameters: Configure the custom properties for each document class.
- Set the permissions of each document class, such as who can create, read, write, and delete. Learn more:
- Manage version names. Learn more: Force version names of documents to be numbers
- Template: Configure document templates for a document class.
- Customization: Apply “Update” or “Viewer action” custom scripts for a document class.
Learn more: Configure custom actions for document classes
- Document view configuration: Manage the display of AODocs documents.