As an administrator of a Team Folder library or a Secured Folder library, you can export documents and folders from an AODocs library to a user’s My Drive.
During the export:
- the properties of exported documents are removed
- in Team Folders, the explicit permissions applied to the exported document or folders in the library are kept
- in Secured Folders, any existing sharing permissions on exported documents or folders are removed
1. In a view, select one or more documents and/or folders.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
Alternatively, in a document, select Export in the More Actions menu.
3. In the Document export popup, select Give back the ownership to a user.
4. Press Next.
4. Enter the email address or the name of the user to whom you want to give ownership.
5. Press Export.
When you press Export, AODocs:
- creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time]
- moves the selected documents or folders into the export folder
- transfers ownership of the export folder and all its contents to the selected user
- adds the administrator as editor on the export folder
- pushes the export folder into the selected user’s My Drive
- pushes the export folder into the My Drive of the administrator who launched the export
- sends a notification email to the new owner and to the administrator who launched the export
- If you select a user other than the initial owner, the initial owner isn't notified.
- Only the administrator who launched the export is notified by email. Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
6. When the export is complete, you can go the the library homepage or open the export folder that was created by AODocs during the export.
You can export documents and folders to anyone in your domain.
Once the document or folder has been exported, the administrator can still edit it and bring it back into the library.