Locked documents are documents that can't be accessed or edited by users who have the permissions to do so.
In some situations when users are performing actions on AODocs documents or files, AODocs locks the items to avoid conflict with actions by other users. Documents are locked by AODocs in the following situations:
- when a user has opened the document properties panel in edit mode and hasn't yet saved their changes
- when a user has opened a Microsoft Office file using the Open in Microsoft Office feature in the AODocs Smartbar or in the AODocs user interface
Note: The check-out feature uses a different type of lock, so checked out documents aren't displayed here.
2. Select Locked documents. A list of the documents that are currently locked is displayed.
For each document you can see:
- the Document ID and the Title of the document
- the Expiration column: the date and time the lock will be released automatically
- the Lock Owner column: the user who has locked the document
3. To release a locked document, press Release.
Note: When you release a document, the user who locked it is not notified of the change.