The AODocs interface and the AODocs Smartbar are available in the following languages:
- English (US)
- English (UK)
- French (France)
- Spanish (Argentina)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Japanese (Japan)
This article explains how to:
Change the language of your Google account: for AODocs and Google Drive
AODocs and Google Drive are displayed in the language defined for your Google account.
To change the language of your Google account:
Your list of preferred languages is displayed.
2. If the required language isn't displayed in the list, press Add another language, select the required language and press Select. The language you selected is added to the bottom of your list of preferred languages.
3. Move the required language to the top of the list using the up arrow button.
AODocs and Google Drive are now displayed in the selected language.
- Any elements that you customized in AODocs, such as names of libraries, properties or workflows, remain in the language you used to define them.
- You can configure the language of workflow emails.
- If you access AODocs via a bookmarks, the pages concerned will be displayed in the language that was active when you saved the bookmarks. If required, you can change the language directly in AODocs URLs.
Change the language of Google Chrome: for the AODocs Smartbar
Note: You must install the AODocs Smartbar to use these features.
The AODocs Smartbar is a Google Chrome extension that brings AODocs features directly into your Google Drive, Gmail and Google editor.
The Smartbar is displayed in the language defined for your Google Chrome.
Change the language of Google Chrome for Windows
1. Open the More actions menu in the top right of Chrome.
2. Select Settings.
3. Scroll down and select Advanced, then scroll down and select Languages.
Tip: Alternatively, you can enter languages in the search bar at the top of the settings page.
The list of your preferred languages is displayed.
4. If the language you want to use isn't displayed in the list, press Add languages and select the required language and press Add. The language you selected is added to the bottom of your list of preferred languages.
5. To set this language for Google Chrome, open the More actions menu and select Move to the top.
The selected language is moved to the top of the list and the Smartbar is now displayed in this language.
Change the language of Google Chrome for macOS
To change the Google Chrome language for macOS, you need to change the language of your Mac. When you have done this, the Smartbar will be displayed in the selected language.
Change the language of the AODocs interface directly in the URL
If you accessed the AODocs interface via a bookmark or a shared link, it is displayed in the language defined when the bookmark was saved or the link was shared. You can change the language of the AODocs interface by changing the locale directly in the URL.
1. Identify the current locale in the URL displayed in your browser.
In the example below the locale is en_US, which means that the AODocs interface is currently set to US English.
2. Change the locale setting to the required language:
- UK English: en_GB
- US English: en_US
- French: fr_FR
- Spanish: es_AR
- Portuguese: pt_BR
- Japanese: ja_JP
Important: Make sure you leave locale= and change only the language setting.
In the example below the locale has been changed to ja_JP which means that the AODocs interface is now in Japanese.