Library administrators working in Document Management libraries can export documents to other Document Management libraries.
– You must have library administrator permissions on the source and target libraries.
– Different export options apply to Team Folders and Secured Folders. Learn more: Export documents or folders from Team Folders or Secured Folders.
– You can't export folders from Document Management libraries.
During the export:
– Document properties are exported only if the configuration of the target library corresponds to that of the source library.
– The workflow state (if any) of exported documents reverts to the initial state of the workflow.
– Sharing permissions of exported documents aren't exported.
– Previous versions aren't exported.
To export a document from a document page, select Export in the More actions menu and continue to step 3.
To export documents from the view:
1. In your view, select one or more documents.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
3. In the document export pop-up, select the target library and press Export.
– If the target library has a document class that matches a selected document's class, the document is exported in the same document class.
– If the target library doesn't have a document class that matches a selected document's class, the document is exported to the default document class.
– Your documents retain any properties that have the same property names in the target library.
During the export:
- if the document class in the target library has a folder structure, AODocs creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents and moves the folder to the target library
- if the document class in the target library doesn't have a folder structure, AODocs moves the exported documents to the root of the target Document Management library
- notifies the administrator who performed the export
Note: Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the administrator who launched the export
4. You can select the here button to view the progress of the export.
Details of the job status open in a new tab.
5. When the export is complete, you can:
- Reload the view (if you exported from a view): to refresh the current view
- Go to target library: to open the target Document Management library
- Stay in current library (if you exported from the document page): to return to the current library homepage in AODocs