Bulk Updater is a web application that allows you to update in bulk the properties (also called metadata) of your AODocs documents. Only library administrators and super administrators can use Bulk Updater.
This article explains how to configure the export of your AODocs library's properties.
|Configure your export: the basics|
|Configure your export: advanced features|
Configure your export: the basics
2. In Bulk Updater, select the Create export tab.
3. Use the drop-down lists to select a domain and a library.
Note: The domain and library fields are mandatory to perform an export.
4. To export a subset of your documents, select a document class and/or a view.
If you select....
|No document class, no view||
Bulk Updater exports, for all documents in all the classes in your library:
|Only a document class||
Bulk Updater exports, for all documents in the selected class:
|Only a view||
Bulk Updater exports, for all the documents defined in the view:
|Both a document class and a view||
Bulk Updater exports, for all the documents in the selected class:
Note: The document class and view must be of the same type.
5. If required, select one or both filters, to exclude from your export:
- documents at the root folder of the library
- documents without attachments
Note: The filter Skip documents without attachments is available only if you selected a document class.
6. If required, enter a search query to restrict the documents to export. Learn more: Advanced search operators.
Note: You can apply a query only if you selected a view or a document class.
7. If required, press Number of documents to display the total number of documents affected by the export. The number is displayed on the button.
8. Run your export.
Configure your export: advanced features
Bulk Updater experts can apply the following splitters:
- One line per version: generates as many lines as each document has versions
- One line per attachment: generates as many lines as each document has attachments
Important: Splitters are available only when the update feature is disabled because splitting can result in multiple lines for a given document. Make sure the Update enabled check-box is not selected before running your export.
Note: The splitter One line per relation and the Templates feature are not currently available.
You can now run your export.