Bulk Updater is a web application that allows you to update in bulk the properties (also called metadata) of your AODocs documents.
Bulk Updater provides a simple form where you can select a list of documents from AODocs and export their properties to a Google spreadsheet. Once exported, you can modify the content of the Google spreadsheet and then apply your updates to the original documents in AODocs.
This article explains how to:
|Access Bulk Updater|
|Export the properties of your AODocs library|
|Configure the export|
|Run the export|
Important: Only library administrators and super administrators can use Bulk Updater.
Access Bulk Updater
1. Follow this link: https://bulk-updater.aodocs.com
2. When you first access Bulk Updater, you are asked to grant permissions. Press the Allow button. Bulk Updater opens.
Export the properties of your AODocs library
Configure the export
1. In Bulk Updater, use the drop-down lists to select a domain and a library.
Note: The domain and library fields are mandatory to perform an export.
2. To export a subset of your documents, select a view or a document class. You can also enter a search query to restrict the documents to export. Learn more: Advanced search operators.
Title, Document class, Folder path, Creation date and author, Last update date and author
- If you don't select a view, Bulk Updater exports, for all the documents in all the classes in your library:
- all the custom properties
- all the system properties, which are hidden by default except for Folder
- If you do select a view, Bulk Updater exports only the custom properties of the associated document class displayed in the view.
- You can apply a query only if you select a view or a document class.
Run the export
1. Press the Export button.
A pop-up opens to confirm that the export is running. The export runs in the background, so you can leave the page.
Notes about export speed:
- Library or class without a query: about 2,000 documents per minute
- Class with a query or view with fewer than 10,000 documents: about 1,000 documents per minute
- Class with a query or view with more than 10,000 documents: about 500 documents per minute
2. At the end of the export, you receive an email from Bulk Updater (email@example.com).
The email has a link to the Google spreadsheet containing your exported properties.
- In Google Drive, the exported spreadsheet is added to the Shared with me section of the user who ran the export.
- You can share the spreadsheet with other users who can modify the values of properties.
When the export is finished, you can update the properties of your AODocs documents in your spreadsheet.