As a super administrator, you can manage the number of user licenses defined by your subscription plan and control which users consume licenses on the AODocs domain.
Learn more: Manage your AODocs subscription.
Note: Licenses are assigned to users who have access or are given rights to AODocs documents or libraries. Learn more: How are user licenses counted in AODocs?
|Access the licensing settings|
|Overview of your billing system|
|Release licensed users|
– Licenses allow users to access a document or a library managed by the AODocs domain.
– Users who only log into AODocs without accessing any library or document do not use a license.
– User licenses can only be managed by AODocs super administrators.
Access the licensing settings
1. Go to the domain administration.
2. Select Licensing.
3. To pre-allocate a license, press the Allocate license button and enter a user email.
Note: Pre-allocating a license ensures the new user can log in whenever they're ready to use AODocs.
The Billing Information panel shows details about your current licenses:
- Number of licenses: This shows the maximum number of licenses available for your domain.
Note: If you are in a trial period, the value will be 0. The maximum number of users is unlimited. Once the trial expires, you can set up licenses by purchasing an AODocs subscription and activating the license code.
- Number of users: This is the total number of users who are currently using a license.
- Receive notification about licenses: This option allows you to activate a notification email which is sent out once a week when the number of licenses is under five user licenses or less than 2% of licenses maximum number.
For example: You have bought 1000 licenses, when the number of remaining licenses goes below 20 (2%), the email is sent to super administrators, once a week maximum.
Release licensed users
The Licensed users table displays the list of users who are using an AODocs license, i.e accessing a library or a document. When the maximum number of users is reached, new users will not be able to connect to AODocs.
You can make a license available for new users by removing users from the licensed users list. It will not impact the permissions granted to these users on the libraries.
– If you manually remove a user from the list of licensed users, the user is no longer considered an AODocs user.
– Removed users won't be able to log back in and consume a new user license for 6 months.
– If a user is going to stop using AODocs, but plans to use it again in the future, you shouldn’t revoke their license temporarily.
Note: AODocs storage accounts do not consume licenses.
1. Select the user to delete in the Licensed users table.
2. Press the trash button.
3. A warning appears, indicating that you won't be able to allocate a license to this user for 6 months. Press Confirm.
– The license is revoked immediately.
– Releasing licenses must be done in compliance with the AODocs terms of Services.
"Each user license ordered by Customer is specific to the email address of only one User and, once granted to that User, may not be transferred or reassigned to any other user unless the User originally granted the license will no longer use the Service."